Child public health and social paediatrics 2020
Child public health and social paediatrics is organized by Imperial College London and will be held from May 18 - 19, 2020 at St Mary's Hospital, London, England, United Kingdom.
This course will benefit paediatricians, GPs, nurses, therapists, and other healthcare professionals involved in Child Health.
As the course is a multi-professional program, students will develop an understanding of how their own individual behaviors, and those of the teams within which they work, can have a significant influence on the quality of care delivered.
To support the development of competencies in child public health and social paediatrics in professional curricula.
• Describe how child health has changed in the past 100 years in UK and worldwide
• Describe a determinants framework of child health which can be used both in clinical practice and epidemiological research
• Appreciate the value of Children’s Rights and give examples of their use in advocacy and service provision
• Compare and contrast diagnosis in clinical and child public health practice
• List the main techniques used in child public health practice
• Describe the various levels of safeguarding
• Formulate plans in relation to different social paediatric case scenarios
Sponsor: Imperial College
St Mary's Hospital