Visitor Oyster Card
A Visitor Oyster Card is a smart card that provides a quick and easy way to pay for journeys on bus, Tube, tram, London Overground, TFL Rail and most National Rail services in London. You can buy a Visitor Oyster Card online
before you leave home and have it delivered to you with a chosen amount of pre-paid credit or just buy one when you arrive in London.
- The credit on your card will never expire – it stays there until you use it, if you run out of credit it is simple to top up and use again. Once you’ve finished using your Visitor Oyster Card you can withdraw the money from TFL ticket machines.
- You can load more money on to your Visitor Oyster Card in all Tube, DLR, London Overground, TFL Rail and National Rail stations.
- Your Visitor Oyster Card offers a daily price cap, meaning you can travel as much as you like in a single day and the amount you pay is capped.
- When using the card on all services except buses, simply touch your card on a yellow reader when you enter a station to start a journey, on exit follow the same procedure to leave the station. When using your card on a bus simply touch your card at the start of the journey and do not touch out when you get off.
- Let’s you move freely between zones.
- The Visitor Oyster Card is optimal for single journeys, multiple journeys in a small area, making a few journeys only during your stay or if you’re not travelling every day.