Use of your information
If you have any queries about this policy, please get in touch with a member of our booking team by using our contact details and we will do our very best to answer your questions.
Personal information collected
If you make an enquiry we will collect the following personal information from you:
- Certain information required to make an enquiry including first and last name, your email address, mobile number, home address and post code including country and gender
- Details you may wish to share such as the institution you are attending, any allergies you might have plus any comments you wish us to be aware of which might help us find suitable accommodation.
- When we take your advance payment you will do so via our secure payment gateway managed by SagePay. We only have access to your email address and full name. All other information in connection with your payment is held by SagePay
- Although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not we are unable to place you with any of our Hosts.
We will use any information captured on our websited in order to:
- Administer your booking.
- Collect payment of accommodation fees from you on behalf of our Hosts.
Sharing this information:
- Credit or debit card payments are collected by our payment processor SagePay.
- In order for payments to be processed you may need to provide some necessary details to SagePay.
- We may transfer your personal information collected to your prospective Host as part of the booking process.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
Information automatically collected from your computer:
- Log files/IP addresses. When you visit our website our web server automatically records your IP address. This IP address is not linked to any of your personal information. We may also gather other non-personal information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of your internet browser which we use to provide you with a more effective service.
- Cookies. When you visit our website we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords and credit card numbers are not stored in cookies. A cookie helps you get the best out of our website and helps us to provide you with a more customised service.
- Storing details about your site preferences
- Storing details about any properties you have short-listed;
- Enabling our web server to track your session between pages of the site and provide a continuity of experience.
- When using our website, there are a number third parties who also need to store cookies for essential running of the site. These include but are not limited to:
- Google to enable Interactive Maps, help us with Analytics and provide re-marketing campaigns tailored to your browsing using Google Advertiser Features.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by emailing us on email@example.com
or call us on +44 (0) 208 870 5949