Root Cause Analysis: 2 Day Masterclass
Root Cause Analysis: 2 Day Masterclass is organized by Healthcare (HC) - UK Conferences and will be held from Mar 19 - 20, 2020 at De Vere West One Conference Centre, London, England, United Kingdom.
The course will offer a practical guide to RCA with a focus on systems-based patient safety investigation as proposed by the forthcoming National Patient Safety Incident Response Framework which emphasises the requirement for investigations to be led by those with safety investigation training and expertise, and with dedicated time and resource to complete the work. This course will include an opportunity for learners to gain a Level 3 qualification in RCA skills.
This two-day course is designed to provide delegates with the key skills and knowledge that they will require to conduct RCA effectively. The course content walks learners through the seven-key stages to conducting a high-quality RCA investigation. We pay particular attention to planning and managing investigations, interviewing staff, mapping information, using appropriate analysis tools to establish contributory factors and creating fit-for-purpose action plans and final reports. We advocate RCA as a team-based approach and agree with NHS Improvement’s 2018 statement ‘investigations must be led by trained investigators with the support of an appropriately resourced investigation team’.
Key Learning Points:
• Managing an RCA investigation effectively
• Gathering mapping and organising evidence
• Conducting interviews using the cognitive interviewing technique
• In-depth analysis: what tools are available?
• Identifying care and service delivery problems
• How to pin-point contributory factors and root causes
• Understanding the impact of human factors
• Strengthening/creating barriers to minimise future risk
• Agreed best practice in action planning and writing RCA reports
• The pitfalls of RCA: common failings and how to avoid these
• Understanding the future of RCA: what changes are in the pipeline?
Tel: 01932 429933
Sponsor: Healthcare UK
De Vere West One
9-10 Portland Place,
Tel: 0871 222 4832